1st December 2020
Tips for a stress-free Christmas
Christmas can be stressful regardless of how relaxed you usually are. There’s so much to do and prepare. So, we asked our head chef for his top tips on keeping calm and a favourite Christmas recipe to give you a fighting chance this year. First, the tips:
- Always plan ahead, know how many guests you have and any dietary requirements.
- Create a list of everything you need to buy and prep for the meal. It will keep you organised.
- Do as much as you can the day before, so you’re less overwhelmed on the day.
- Ask for help and talk to your family if you’re feeling the stress build.
- Remember to enjoy it. Your family is there to support you and spend Christmas together, most of all.
Our head chef recommends this stuffing recipe to delight your guests on the day:
500g pork sausage meat
pinch of salt
Chop the nuts finely.
Add the chopped nuts, seasoning, bread crumbs and egg to the sausage meat and mix until evenly spread.
Chop the sage finely and add, again mixing thoroughly.
Roll into a sausage shape and wrap air tight in clingfilm before steaming at 95 degrees for 25 minutes.
Let cool and cut into slices. Add into a pan of 1 tbsp of hot oil to fry and caramelise.
Serve with the rest of your Christmas dinner dishes.