29th June 2020
Food & drink quiz
How well do you think you know food and drink trivia? Test your knowledge with our fun quiz. Answers at the bottom of the page.
1. Marsala wine comes from which Mediterranean island?
2. The seafood dish lox is traditionally made using what fish?
b. Sea Bass
3. Antonio Carluccio was one half of the ‘Two Greedy Italians’, but who was the other?
a. Gennaro Contaldo
b. Gino D’Acampo
c. Bruno Tonioli
4. Which popular sauce comes from Avery Island in Louisiana (USA)?
b. Lea & Perrins
5. From which country does the beer Grolsch come from?
6. Which type of pasta’s name means little worms?
7. What is the name of the cocktail that was named after the city in which it was invented by the barman at the famous Raffles Hotel in 1915?
a. Long Island Iced Tea
b. Singapore Sling
c. Dark ‘N’ Stormy
8. In which country is the Hawkes Bay wine growing region?
a. New Zealand
c. South Africa
9. Which Derbyshire town lends its name to a tart made with pastry, cake crumbs, jam and covered in almonds?
10. Which spirit is made from the agave plant?
c. Dark rum
Answers: a, c, a, c, b, a, b, a, b, b